Check your v5c online dating

This guide covers the following topics: DVLA stands for ‘Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency’.

To drive in the UK you must be registered and licensed with the DVLA.

There are only two tiers for cars first registered before this date.

In order for the UK government to hit its targets on fighting climate change and the levels of CO2 in our atmosphere, taxes were broadly increased on high emission vehicles.

Most of us would just like to have our car tax sorted and the admin out of the way as soon as possible!

That is exactly why we have put together this ultimate guide to car tax – to help you make sense of all the intricacies of the vehicle tax system in the UK and hopefully save you some time and money.

Before the new VED bands were introduced in April 2017, the tax on a car with CO2 emissions over 255g/km was £550 for the first year.

With the new rates that same vehicle would now set you back £2,000 in the first year. However, with the old bands, you would continue to pay a rate based on your vehicle’s emissions year on year.

Leave a Reply